Clean out your temporary internet files and temp files
- Go to "Start" -> "Run" and type in the box: "cleanmgr". Let it scan your system for files to remove. Make sure to check Temporary Files, Temporary Internet Files and Recycle Bin and then press "Ok" to clean
Scan your computer with Ad-Aware and Spybot - Search and Destroy
- These are free programs. Always apply updates before running.
- Restart your computer after cleaning with Ad-aware and scan again. Repeat the process until no further items are found as bad
- Run Spybot S&D. Click on Search & Destroy and on Check for problems. Delete what it finds.
Scan your computer for malware infections
- Run Housecall, Panda and Bit Defender free online anti-virus products. You should use the Internet Explorer browser. If you already have an anti-virus program, run it as well.
After the computer has been scanned, run McAfee Stinger
- Be sure and put a check in the box by "Auto Clean" before you do the scan. If it finds anything that it cannot clean have it delete it or make a note of the file location, so you can delete it yourself.
Please stop by again. Thank you for your interest!